Thursday, July 12, 2007

Pizza attempt 4

This is the last pizza from my first batch of dough. Since I went away for 2 weeks, I froze this dough ball. When I returned I put it in the fridge overnight. The next day it went on the counter for 2 hours. This dough was much harder to work with because part of the dough got dried out, possibly from the freezer. It was also much harder to stretch and ripped much more easily than the first three pizzas. I couldn't stretch it out much but I did what I could. I used the sauce described on Jeff's web site. It's composed entirely of crushed canned tomatoes and seasoning. I baked this one for 4 minutes.

It was still very good, much to my surprise. And the sauce was definitely a major improvement. Luckily, I made a lot of it so I'll have the same sauce for many pizzas to come. Also, 4 minutes is the perfect number for my oven.

Unfortunately, my stone cracked during baking! My lumpy dough stuck to the peel a bit when I put it in the oven, resulting in a small hole in the bottom of my pizza. That hole allowed sauce to directly contact the stone, cracking it in about 3 minutes! Fortunately, Bed Bath and Beyond let me exchange it for a new stone!




No comments: