Thursday, July 12, 2007

My Quest

I've enjoyed cooking since I was a kid, and recently since college, food has been more of a serious hobby for me. I get excited about trying new techniques and recipes, and few types of food excite me more than fresh baked goods. I love quality fresh bread, pizza, pastries, cakes, cookies, etc. For years I just lived with the fact that I couldn't have really good baked goods unless I was visiting a place like New York. I just figured there was something in the water, or some magic in their ovens, or some secret Italian secret that was causing their pizzas and breads to be so delicious, while my family's pizza crust remained mediocre at best.

Recently I started doing some reading on pizza and bread in particular, and the consensus seemed to be that the best baked goods can and should come out of the home. As I continued reading, I started to believe that maybe I myself could create the food I loved the most. This blog will narrate my quest for delicious baked goods of all types: pizza, bread, bagels, donuts, pastries, cakes, etc. There's no limit to my madness! But I think I'll start with my favorite: pizza.

No comments: